The San Josť Woman's Club has been a formal organization since 1894, when nine women first gathered to discuss forming an alliance. At that time, women across the nation were forming clubs to study and discuss various topics of importance.
Today, SJWC is focused on providing scholarships for local students, funding local and women's charitable organizations, preserving its landmark Clubhouse, and providing a home for like-minded people to gather together to enjoy camaraderie and work on mutual goals.
Help Preserve SJWC's mission by donating now. You can aslo shop Amazon smile to donate.
- Read all about SJWC events and news in our monthly email bulletin, The Poppy.
- Did you know the Club is getting a 3-D Fly-through? Read all about it Gary Singh's Silicon Alleys column in Metro, published on June 15.
- Women in Nature: Words from Women of Wisdom on Wednesday, June 29, from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. features Andrea Mackenzie, General Manager of the Santa Clara Valley Open Space Authority and is the second event in our new women's speaker series. Get tickets and full details.
- Night in Old Havana: Mixology, Music, and Architecture on Thursday, July 14, , 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. is the next event in our Mixology series and includes cocktails, costumes, food, music, and fun. Design critic John Pastier will present a slide show of Havana Architecture. The evening is co-hosted by SJWC and Preservation Action Council * San Jose. Get tickets and full details.
- SJWC was recently featured on Bay Area For Sale, a top site for San Jose real estate. Read the article here: Historic Service Organization Improves, Connects Community.
In past decades, the building was available only by the referral of a club member, but today the doors are open to the general public with advance reservation. Rental Information
Find us on Google+
Find us on Facebook and Yelp