The San Josť Woman's Club has been a formal organization since 1894, when nine women first gathered to discuss forming an alliance. At that time, women across the nation were forming clubs to study and discuss various topics of importance.
Today, SJWC is focused on providing scholarships for local students, funding local and women's charitable organizations, preserving its landmark Clubhouse, and providing a home for like-minded people to gather together to enjoy camaraderie and work on mutual goals.
Help Preserve SJWC's mission by donating now. You can aslo shop Amazon smile to donate.
- Read all about SJWC events and news in our monthly email bulletin, The Poppy.
- Did you know the Club is getting a 3-D Fly-through? Read all about it Gary Singh's Silicon Alleys column in Metro, published on June 15.
- 9th Annual Ice Cream Social on Sunday, August 14, from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. features make it yourself sundaes, a decorate it yourself cupcake bar, birthday celebrations for our nonagenarian members, a Sing Along, and a new 3-D fly-through tour of San Jose Woman's Club. Come have fun and find out what's new at the Clubouse.
- Women Who Move Us: Words from Women of Wisdom on Wednesday, August 31, from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. features Nuria Fernandez, CEO and General Manager of the Valley Transit Authority (VTA). Get tickets and full details.
- Bloomie Dropper Party on Thursday, September 15, from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Party like it's 1894! Enjoy a live band, cocktails and noshes and help us gather 1,000 panties for women in tranistion. Get tickets and full details.
Can't attend? Donate Now:
- SJWC was recently featured on Bay Area For Sale, a top site for San Jose real estate. Read the article here: Historic Service Organization Improves, Connects Community.
In past decades, the building was available only by the referral of a club member, but today the doors are open to the general public with advance reservation. Rental Information
Find us on Google+
Find us on Facebook and Yelp