The San Josť Woman's Club has been a formal organization since 1894, when nine women first gathered to discuss forming an alliance. At that time, women across the nation were forming clubs to study and discuss various topics of importance.
Today, SJWC is focused on providing scholarships for local students, funding local and women's charitable organizations, preserving its landmark Clubhouse, and providing a home for like-minded people to gather together to enjoy camaraderie and work on mutual goals. Download the Club backgrounder for more information.
Help Preserve SJWC's mission by donating now. You can aslo shop Amazon smile to donate.
- Read all about SJWC events and news in our monthly email bulletin, The Poppy.
- Did you know the Club is getting a 3-D Fly-through? Read all about it Gary Singh's Silicon Alleys column in Metro, published on June 15.
- Women Who Move Us: Words from Women of Wisdom on Wednesday, August 31, from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. features Nuria Fernandez, CEO and General Manager of the Valley Transportation Authority (VTA). Get tickets and full details.
- Bloomie Dropper Party on Thursday, September 15, from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Party like it's 1894! Dance to your favorite classic rock performed live by Pearl Alley, enjoy great cocktails and noshes, and drop your bloomies for underserved women with us. Get tickets and full details.
Can't attend? Donate Now:
- OktoBRAfest on Sunday, October 2, from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Hoist a beer, enjoy a sausage and support homeless and at-risk women.We've got lots of fun in store, including a Bra Cupcake Decorating Contest, the Ms. and Mr. OktoBRAfest Contest, German Music and Dancing, and a Raffle for Fabulous Local Stay-cations. Get tickets and full details.
- SJWC was recently featured on Bay Area For Sale, a top site for San Jose real estate. Read the article here: Historic Service Organization Improves, Connects Community.
In past decades, the building was available only by the referral of a club member, but today the doors are open to the general public with advance reservation. Rental Information
Find us on Google+
Find us on Facebook and Yelp